Blogging: an interactive online activity

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Exploring a new world: podcasting

Hello everybody!

Wandering around the world of podcasting I've found three interesting websites providing a series of audio files about a wide range of topics.

The BBC website "Learning English" contains a number of audio files divided by type: you can listen to conversations and discussions dealing with History, Music, Religion, Science, Sport, etc.

The other two websites, "English for everyone" and "English as a Second Language", are particularly interesting and helpful as they provide not only a series of audio files you can listen to but also exercises and questions thanks to which you can test your comprehension. So you've got a sort of feedback on your work.

In my opinion, their most striking feature is that the podcasts they offer are recorded at a slow speed and use everyday expressions, so that users can listen to conversations and discussions they can easily understand.

If you want to know something more about my first impressions of podcasting, please listen to this audio message!
powered by ODEO



2 Comments:

  • At 1:26 AM, Blogger Alice said…

    Hi Maria Chiara

    I've just read your blog and I've noticed that, like me, you found some websites which contains not only podcasts but also exercises and test to improve your language skills!
    I've clicked on the BBC link and I find it very interesting especially for what concerning learning English.

    Very well done!
    Cheers
    Alice

     
  • At 12:50 AM, Blogger marco said…

    Hi Chiara,

    I have just finished to read some blogs and I saw that you and Alice found some interesting but rather "educational" podcasts, just as I did on my blog.

    In my opinion, the possibility to do some tests in order to test my comprehension and to learn English after having listened to a podcast is very useful!

    I found also interesting that the first site you mentioned provides podcasts about conversation dealing with different matters (as you said, for example sports, science, religion), so one may find it interesting to listen to podcasts dealing with things that they like!

    have a good weekend!!
    Marco

     

Post a Comment

<< Home